Breaking

Archive

Jan 2016 18 results
17:49
17:49

Beware of Expired Tyres on the Market - Police Caution traffic police 2 1

Vehicle tyres have a six-year expiration date which begins from the day the tyre was manufactured. However, an assessment by the Inspector of Vehicles in Kampala shows that a number of vehicles in Kampala possess expired tyres.
17:43
17:43

UBTEB Recruits Over 500 Examiners 3

Nasari Kambaho Anyijuka, the Acting Senior Communication and Information Officer at UBTEB, says all is set for the marking exercise.
17:24
17:24

UPDF, Police Call for Vigilance After Gulu Bomb Incident bomb found 2 2

Patrick Jimmy Okema, the Aswa Regional Police Spokesperson says the bomb was discovered by cleaners at Lira stage in Gulu Bus Park at around 9:00 am.
16:34
16:34

MP Kiyingi Drags Rival to Police for Defamation mp deo kiyingi 2 1 Top story

In his statement, Kiyingi says the utterances by his rival are defamatory and meant to destroy his reputation before right thinking members of society.
15:51
15:51

Besigye Meets Hostile Reception in Nakaseke 1 1

Moses Kabalema, the Nakaseke North Constituency FDC Chairperson told URN that local leaders and security operatives intimidated voters from attending Besigyes campaign rallies and defaced his campaign posters ahead of his rallies.
15:21
15:21

Rubanda Voters Want Electricity, Good Roads election 2 1

Dan Ndyanabo, a resident of Katojo in Muko Sub County told URN that the area is in urgent need of electricity and better roads.
15:08
15:08

Micho Targets Quarter Finals In 2016 CHAN Event uganda cranes 1 1

Uganda Cranes head coach, Milutin Micho Sredojevic has said he has set his target for the quarter final stage at the 2016 Africa Nations Championship CHAN.
14:30
14:30

Businessman SK Mbuga Charged with Assault music in uganda 1

Today, the complainant stood surety for the accused. His two sureties were each bonded at a non-cash bail of 10 million Shillings.
13:52
13:52

Mbabazi Supporters Remanded for 7 More Days amama mbabazi 1 Top story

They were charged with assault, causing grievous harm and malicious damage to property. The charges arise from recent clashes between Go-Forward enthusiasts and supporters of the ruling National Resistance Movement- NRM party in Ntungamo district.
13:22
13:22

Minister Onzima Denies Hand in Torching Opponent\'s House arson case 2 4

Richard Angulia, the Maracha county NRM flag bearer says they will not rest until the masterminds of the attack are brought to book.
13:14
13:14

Chief Justice to Testify against Quack Lawyers lawyers strike

Court records indicate that the quack lawyers; Bob Joseph Nabassa and Martin Matovu stand charged with obtaining money by false presence. The case is registered at Buganda Road Court.
12:57
12:57

Roofing's Develops Special Product for Ugandan Diaspora 1

The Executive director of Uganda Investment Authority, Dr. Frank Sebbowa recently told the media that 70 percent of Ugandan diaspora remittances are spent on consumption and the remaining 30 percent is invested, a trend they want reversed.
12:11
12:11

Kabale NRM Youth Leaders Divided Over Mobilisation Funds kabale district 3

George Kakwenza, the Kashambya sub county NRM youth league chairperson told Uganda Radio Network URN that they are disappointed with the district leadership for lack of transparency.
11:45
11:45

Bomb Detonated in Gulu Bus Park bomb found

Investigations into the source of the bomb are underway, Ceaser Olweny, the Spokesperson of the Uganda Peoples Defence Forces- UPDF 4th Division says.
10:42
10:42

MTN Mobile Money Service Grew by 16 Percent in 2015 mtn uganda 2

Andrew Rugamba, the acting Head of Mobile Financial Services MTN Uganda, says of the 6.5 registered MTN mobile money users, over five million are active, meaning they use the service regularly.
10:11
10:11

Former Kabale Bishop Dead 1

Right Reverend Callistus Rubaramira, the Bishop Kabale Diocese says the death of Bishop Harimimana is a big blow to the Diocese.
07:50
07:50

Security Vows to Block Rival Ankole Prince

Now, Martha Asiimwe, the Mbarara Resident District Commissioner says they have tightened security following the activities of the group to prevent them from disrupting peace.
07:15
07:15

Besigye Beats Police Deployment to Visit Valley Dam 1 3

Godfrey Ssali, another resident told Besigye that the dirty water has exposed them to water borne diseases such as typhoid and cholera.
Jan 2016 18 results