Muhakanizi told diplomats and economists at an IMF organised meeting at Sheraton Kampala on Monday evening that Uganda – and some other African countries – had been affected by power blackouts in the past, pushing governments to sign power-purchasing agreements with investors to produce more power than can be consumed.
The government planned to attract more one million tourists this year on top of the 1.8million people received in 2018. But the Central Bank says after ten months, only about 1.2 million tourists had entered Uganda.
The advice was given by the Head of the European Union (EU) Delegation to Uganda ambassador Attilio Pacifici, this afternoon, at the beginning of a four-day retreat bringing together envoys from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, The Kingdom of Netherlands and Sweden. The retreat is taking place at Mt. Elgon Hotel, Mbale.
According to a report by the Civil Aviation Authority, several of the aeronautical systems engineers are paid between 23 million and 30 million Shillings, a much lower wage, compared to their counterparts in the Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency, International Civil Aviation Organization and the United Nations.
William Komakech, the Kitgum Resident District Commissioner, says the disagreement between the two firms has greatly affected the progress of the work. Komakech says the poor working relationship between the firms visibly manifest by quarrels in their site meetings.
Paul Onapa, the National Programme Manager Youth Livelihood Programme (YLP) in the Gender, Labour and Social Development Ministry, says the size of the youth group has also been cut down from 15 members to a minimum of five, with at least two being females.
The warning follows various images circulating on social media with political messages reading “vote Bobi Wine 2021” and “Vote Museveni 2021”. Notes of different value were displayed on social media since Friday with such messages.
Although police is yet to establish the exact cause of Hankinga’s death, residents attribute it to suffocation while others claim it may have been food poisoning. Our reporter visited the saloon, which operates in a metallic kiosk and observed that it lacks proper ventilation to regulate air flow.