Breaking

Archive

Oct 2023 7 results
15:38
15:38

Pictorial: Mumbere's Return to Kasese Top story

Mumbere, who had been arrested in 2016 along with over 200 of his royal guards following an attack on the palace, made a triumphant return to Kasese town at approximately 2:00 PM.
14:26
14:26

Uganda Not Yet at Achieving SDG6 Target- Ministry 4

Speaking at a three-day annual water and sanitation civil society forum at Hotel African, Dr. Callist Tindimugaya the commissioner Ministry of Water and Environment said that water-use efficiency and ensuring freshwater supplies is still a challenge in the country.
09:54
09:54

Mumbere Regrets 2016 Attack on Palace 3 2

Speaking to his subjects on Wednesday at Kilembe Golf Course in Kasese Municipality blamed the incidents on wrong elements who created baseless stories against him, sparking a conflict with the government.
09:07
09:07

Gov't Calls for Peace, Unity Among OBR Subjects 3 2

Mutuzo cautioned the subjects not to mix politics with the institution arguing that the King and the Kingdom leadership must be given space to perform their cultural roles including uniting all parties.
08:00
08:00

Artists Petition Parliament Seeking Expedited Amendment to Copyright Law 1

To address this, they propose a revision of call-back charges, with 60 percent of the revenue going to the artist and the remaining 40 percent being shared between the government and telecom companies. Additionally, the petition suggests the introduction of a copy levy on devices used for reproducing copyright-protected works, with the proceeds to be equally shared between the government and copyright holders.
07:44
07:44

Trade Committee Recommends Termination of Chinese Firm from Pre-Export Verification supervision 1 Top story

The Committee conducted a due diligence visit to the company's purported offices in Dubai and India and found that the company did not have a physical presence in those locations. Additionally, the Committee discovered that the Chinese firm does not have offices in Uganda.
07:25
07:25

Business Paralyzed as Mumbere Returns to Kasese 2 4

Throughout the day, trucks transported jubilant subjects from as far as Bundibugyo, Ntoroko, and Bunyangabu districts, while Boda boda riders raced through the town, waving posters of Mumbere and tree branches, continuing late into the night.
Oct 2023 7 results