Rev Dr Paul Kakooza, the head of the Church of Uganda Directorate of Education notes that as they wait for the detailed school calendar, headteachers in all Church founded schools have been instructed to call back teachers for orientation. The Directorate oversees 55 Pre-primary schools, 4,904 Primary schools, 460 secondary schools, 50 post-primary schools including vocational training schools, and six universities.
The Church owns 649.2 acres of land donated to it by the family of the late Ham Mukasa in 1921. However, its ownership was later transferred to Bishop Tucker Theological College, present-day Uganda Christian University-UCU.
Ntagali made the remarks on Saturday at the beginning of his two days of the last pastoral visit at Mukono Diocese he started with the commissioning of three storied building at Mukono Church of Uganda Hospital.