Breaking

Archive

Oct 7 results
15:41
15:41

Researcher Rules out Oil War between Uganda and DRC resource curse 2 1 Top story

Dr. Rwengabo, an expert in conflict processes, international security, Arms Control and International Relations says the threat of war has been diffused by diplomatic and bilateral arrangements over the last ten years.
11:17
11:17

Salva Kiir Using Oil Money to Fuel Conflict- Report oil curse 1 Top story

The report draws on secret documents and first-hand testimony to detail the means by which one of South Sudans most significant economic institutions has been co-opted to serve the personal aims of President Salva Kiir.
17:29
17:29

Uganda Leads Efforts in Extractives Industry Auditing tullow oil 3 1 Top story

The absence of global guidelines and manuals for auditing the oil, gas and minerals have been singled out as one of the challenges for national audit offices also known as Supreme Audit Institutions to track costs and expenditures in the industry.
14:32
14:32

Report: Uganda Struggling In Oil Governance tullow oil 1

New index shows promise in some developing countries, but raises alarms over sovereign wealth funds and citizens freedom to hold governments to account
15:34
15:34

Government Denies Misspending Oil Money karuma dam

Lawrence Kizza, the director of economic affairs in the ministry of finance, says the money is being used to co-fund the construction of the 600-megawatt Karuma Dam. The dam is being constructed by Chinese firm Sino-hydro Corporation at a cost of 1.7 billion dollars with the government contributing 15 percent of the funding and the remaining 85 percent coming from Chinese development bank Exim.
16:16
16:16

Uganda Urged on Corruption-free New Oil Bid Process oil and gas sector

Global Witness, a London-based natural resource watchdog, has called on the Ugandan government to avoid corruption in the newly announced competitive bidding process for oil exploration.
14:14
14:14

Government Conspiring With Oil Companies to Suffocate Residents-Mao oil and gas sector 2

Norbert Mao says government should take responsibility for failing to shield the complainants and instead conniving with oil companies to allow them carry out activities on people’s land without due compensation.
Oct 7 results