Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /usr/www/users/urnnet/a/story.php on line 43 Over 400 Arsenal Fans in Amuru Battling Stomach Complications After Celebratory Meal :: Uganda Radionetwork
Michael Odora, an Arsenal supporter and Chairperson of the business community in Lajalula Trading Centre who is also treating the condition says they suspect that the food which was cooked in the open could have been poisoned by a dirty-minded person.
Over 400 supporters of the
English premier side, Arsenal sports club, in Amuru district, are battling stomach
complications after consuming food suspected to have been laced with poison.
affected fans experienced severe stomach pains and diarrhea shortly after
eating a meal at Lajalula Trading Centre, Lajalula Parish, Lakang Sub County,
on September 23rd, 2023 that was prepared in celebration of
Arsenal's victory over Manchester City FC in the Community Shield Cup.
To mark their joy, the fans
contributed funds and slaughtered a cow for a feast, symbolizing their relief
from the thirst for trophies. More than 400 people, including local leaders,
partook in this celebratory meal.
However, the celebrations took
an unexpected turn when all the celebrants later reported stomachaches and
severe diarrhea, causing widespread concern.
Stephen Ingeyo, one of the
affected fans, expressed his surprise at developing stomach complications,
including watery stool, after having participated in the party.
Ingeyo, who still feels weak,
sought treatment at a local clinic at the trading center based on the
recommendation of a health worker. Michael Odora, an Arsenal supporter and
Chairperson of the local business community in Lajalula Trading Centre, is also
undergoing treatment for the same condition.
He suspects that the food,
which was cooked in an open setting, may have been maliciously poisoned by an
individual with ill intentions. Odora is taking antibiotics, including to
recover from the complications. He mentioned that nearly everyone who feasted
on the meat, including women and children, is experiencing stomach pain and
//Cue in: ‘’dek me
Cue out: …wek gi
Francis Odida, the Chairperson
of Lajalula Parish and also a victim of the food incident, reported that a
meeting was convened at Lajalula Trading Centre to determine who might be
responsible for the suspected food contamination.
According to Odida, there was
a lot of foam in the food shortly after it was cooked, but the fans didn't pay
much attention to its cause. He emphasized that there have been no casualties
reported, though many people are still suffering from the condition.
//Cue in: ‘’Wabedo ki kwer…
Cue out: …winyo aloka-loka tye.’’//
Odida further revealed that
their investigation led them to a woman whom the community members had decided
to expel due to her questionable actions in this incident. Our reporter was
unable to get a comment from medical workers about the incident by the time of
filing this story as none of the officials could be reached.