Breaking

Three Head of Cattle Electrocuted in Pallisa

The incident happened on Sunday evening following a heavy down, which weakened three electric poles forcing them to collapse. Live wires from the electric poles fell on the cattle-killing them instantly.
One of the Cows killed by Loose Electric Cable
Loose electric cables have electrocuted three head of cattle in Aputon cell, Agule Town council in Pallisa District. 

The incident happened on Sunday evening following a heavy down, which weakened three electric poles forcing them to collapse.  

 

Live wires from the electric poles fell on the cattle-killing them instantly. Mary Among Tukei, the owner of the cows, said they have been her only source of livelihood. 

Other residents faulted UMEME for negligence in monitoring such electric poles, which have outlived their life span.  

Charles Oule, the LC II Chairperson of Pasia ward in Agule town council wants Umeme to compensate the cattle owner, saying that they should be vigilant in supervising and maintaining poles that seem old. 

He says that they were only lucky that the poles fell when everyone, adding that they would have claimed human lives.

Images 1