Another person has been killed in Rakai district. The latest victim is Kalori Kate (80), a resident of Kiganda Village, Lwanda Sub County in Rakai District.
has been killed in Rakai district. The latest victim is Kalori Kate (80), a resident of Kiganda Village, Lwanda Sub County in Rakai District.
Unidentified assailants on Monday night attacked Kate’s home. They broke into his house through the backdoor using a huge stone. They then found Kate in his bedroom and hacked him, severely injuring him on the chest, hands and face. He died while being rushed to the hospital.
Benon Senkakasa, the area village chairperson, says that the assailants took the advantage of Kate’s being alone in house at the time of the incident which was at around 2am.
He says that Kate tried to resist and raise an alarm for help but none of his neighbours were able to hear him in time and come to his rescue.
He however, says that they tried to rush Kate to Kalisizo hospital but he was pronounced dead on the way since he had lost a lot of blood.
Mauricio Nabakooza, one of the deceased’s daughters, says that she does not understand why her father was attacked as he was not known to be in conflict with anyone in the neighbourhhod.
Rakai District Criminal Investigations Officer, Rose Nabakooza, says that police investigations into the matter have kicked off. She however, says that police has not yet arrested any person in connection with this killing.
Kate’s body has been taken to hospital for post-mortem.
In a related incident a resident of Kalisizo Town council l in Rakai District, is struggling for his life at Kalisizo Hospital, after he was attacked by unidentified assailants cutting him severely on the chest, neck and the back before making away with his motor cycle registration number UDZ 990F.
Kalisizo Police Station Criminal Investigations Officer, Charles Rushesha, says that Steven Gabula, a motorcyclist at Rakai Project stage, was hired by unidentified person to take him to a palace known as Kalagwa. But in the middle of the journey at palace called Ninzi, the robber asked Gabula to drop him there, where he was joined by other two men who attacked Gabula and left him for dead.
Lushesha says that police is hunting for the motorcycle which are said to sell stolen motorcycles from Uganda in Tanzania.
Kate’s murder has brought the number of people killed under unclear circumstances in Rakai to 20 in just a space of six months
. Police is yet to solve any of the killings. The dead so far:
1. Pastor Steven Mugambe
2 .and his wife Noreen Nalinya, both residents of Kyebe Village, Kyebe Sub County, in Rakai District.
3 Jane Nakiwala, a business woman in Jinja town.
4. Andrew Mpeyirwe, a resident of Jinja town who was visiting relatives in Rakai
5. Christine Nansimbwa of Kyakatebe village
6. and Maria Musanya, a resident of Misanju village also in Bukomansimbi District who was visiting
7. Dan Semwanga, a trader on Salama road in Kampala, was in Rakai
8. Grace Nakimbugwe, a teacher
9. Mary Nakirija, also of Jinja town.
10. Ulita Nabasaji (52) a resident of Kyakalera Village in Kirumba Sub County
11. Malicelina Natale (71) residents of Kasoga Village, Kakuto Sub County
12. Edith Tebasuulwa a resident of Kisamula village in Kasaali Sub County
13. Sunday Kalgolo
14. and his wife Cissy Nakalawa
15. Ronald Sselemba
16. William Sebagayi, both residents of Kasenselo landing site, Kyebe Sub County in Rakai District, their bodies dumped in a lake.
17. Faustino Damulira (63) a resident of Kibaanda Village, Kabiira Sub County
18. John Luyimba (8) a primary two pupil of St James Lwankoni primary was found dead in a water tank
19. Unidentified body found on a verandah in Kalisizo town, violent death signs on body.
20. Kalori Kate (80), a resident of Kiganda Village, Lwanda Sub County in Rakai District