from the same family in Mbale city have been found dead in their house. The minor’s
lifeless bodies were retrieved from their house in Napoli lower Village in
Nauyo Town Council on Monday morning.
One of the
minors was rushed to Mbale Regional Referral Hospital in critical condition.
Police have identified the deceased as Prosper Watyekele (8), Promise Bukoma (6)
and Robinah Watemba 1 and half years. The one admitted is 15-year-old Namakoye.
residents, the minors have been living in the house with their fathers who left
them under the care of their teenage sister and went to the village. However, the minors are suspected to have
suffocated to death as residents found a burning charcoal stove in the house
with a saucepan of rice.
Michael Shelu, the Napoli Lower Village Defense Secretary, says he was informed
about the death of the children by residents. Shellu blames the problem on
negligence on the part of the parent.
//Cue in: “Nga mutuze wange….
Cue out:….sigiri mu sepiki”//
Watamba, the grandfather of the deceased children, suspects that his
grandchildren suffocated to death.
//Cue in:”babade bakapangisa wano...
Cue out: ...muuka tetumanyi nakumanya,”//
Milton Mwenyi, a resident of Mutenyo cell in Bugema-Nauyo town council blames
the tragedy on the irresponsibility of the residents in the area.
He says the
children shouted at night for rescue but none of the residents responded to
their distress call for help.
//Cue in: “Abantu nauyo umuntu...
Cue out: ...abe mutwela awoneleko,”//
Rodgers Taitika, the Elgon Region Police Spokesperson, says the deceased’s
bodies have been delivered to Mbale City Mortuary for postmortem.
residents against cooking from their houses, saying it is the number killer of
//Cue in: “Kitalo nyo ekilo...
Cue out: ...tufumbira munyumba gyetwebakamu,”//
Last month, Seven Children suffocated to death in Rwenkabi village Kitenga Sub County
in Mubende District, after they took refuge from a drizzle in a tent with burning