Arua Hill FC Holds Onduparaka FC to Goalless Draw

The game had been interrupted for over 30 minutes in the first half after fans broke the perimeter fence and entered the stadium.
Onduparaka FC Player tussling it out with Arua Hill FC at Barifa Stadium.

Audio 2

Arua Hill FC and Onduparaka FC on Tuesday played out to a goalless draw at Barifa Stadium in Arua City.

The game had been interrupted for over 30 minutes in the first half after fans broke the perimeter fence and entered the stadium.

Despite several chances, both teams had during the match, all efforts to score goals failed, leaving the teams with one point each.

Bosco Dudu, the Assistant Coach Onduparaka FC said the derby was the best game Onduparaka Fc has played.

// Cue in; ever since this season…

Cue out: “it is a matter of time…. //  

Swadik Ssempigi, the first Assistant Coach Arua Hill FC says that though they prepared to win over Onduparaka, his players lacked the creativity to score goals in the match.  

// Cue in; The result has not come…

Cue out; we shall score goals.//  

Onduparaka which has played three games since the start of the season have one win and two draws while Arua Hill FC has one win and a draw and are 4th on the Table, one position below the Caterpillars who are now in position three with five points.  

In the other game played at the Kyabazinga Stadium in Jinja City, Express FC earned their first win of the season after defeating BULFC 1-0.  Express FC's goal was scored by Mahad Yaya in the 53rd minute.

BUL's head coach, Alex Isabirye says that his side failed to convert the chances into goals.

"We had viable scoring chances throughout the game however, the boys failed to convert them into goals, which cost us today's three points," he says.

Isabirye adds that four of his strikers missed the training sessions, which rendered them unfit for the game.

"Our leading strikers spent the whole of last week processing their passports as it is one of the FUFA requirements for all players featuring in the top tier football league, so they suffered fitness challenges throughout this game," he says.

Express FC's head coach, James Odoch says that the team capitalized on their opponent's weak links in defence to win the game.

Wakiso Giants also defeated Police FC 1-0 at the MTN stadium in Lugogo.  The goal was scored by Edward Satulo in the 37th minute of the game.

Despite several threats by Police's Brian Muruli, he was not able to save his side from losing a third straight game of the season.

In Fort Portal City, Tooro United and Gaddafi FC drew 1-1 at a game played at Buhinga Stadium. Tooro United will play KCCA FC on Saturday at Lugogo.