The injured who is admitted at Kituti health center, is Angelina Tuhairwe.
A six months old baby has died and his five year old sister sustained serious burns after their house was gutted by fire in Kyangwali Sub County in Hoima district. The incident occurred on Tuesday evening. The deceased has been identified as Doreen Kiraha, a daughter to Sarah Kansiime, a resident of Nyakafunjo village. The injured who is admitted at Kituti health center, is Angelina Tuhairwe.
Gilbert Owange, the LC I chairperson of Nyakafunjo village says that Tuhairwe sustained a fractured leg and burns on the face and hands. Sarah Kansiime says that the fire started after a tree in the neighboring house collapsed on their grass thatched house, where they were cooking. She explains that some of the grass caught fire, which spread to the entire house. According to Kansiime, she only managed to retrieve her elder daughter from the fire.
Swaleh Kaija, the Officer in Charge of Wairagaza police station says that household property worth hundreds of thousands of shillings was consumed by the flames. Wairagaza says that they have allowed the parents to bury the baby as investigations into the incident continue.