Breaking

Chairperson Dies of Suspected Food Poisoning

Tibenda breathed his last on Monday night at St. Ambrose Charity Health Centre in Kagadi district where he had been admitted for a few hours with complaints of severe stomach ache.

Audio 2

Joseph Tibenda, the Burora Sub County LC 3 chairperson in Kagadi district has died of suspected food poisoning.

Tibenda breathed his last on Monday night at St. Ambrose Charity Health Centre in Kagadi district where he had been admitted for a few hours with complaints of severe stomach ache.

Prior to his death, Tibenda told our reporter with difficulty that he developed complications after eating fried maize.

Lunyoro Audio

//Cue in: Timanyire…

Cue Out:…..,”//

His wife Gorreti Tibenda said they found Tibenda collapsed in his private room at his home in Burora trading center shortly after returning from his office at the sub county.

According to Gorreti Tibenda, they thought the deceased had got a pressure attack and rushed home to a clinic.

However, a source told URN that Tibenda's condition deteriorated after taking a cup of tea at his home on Monday morning.

Health workers at St. Ambrose Charity Health Centre Kagadi and police haven't yet commented on the matter as they couldn't be reached by the time of filing this story.