Breaking

Eight Held Over Armed Robberies in Manafwa.

She said following the murder, police set up surveillance leading to the arrest of the suspects on Friday morning.
Manafwa Police are holding eight people suspected to be behind the recent armed attacks in the district, in which four people have been killed and scores of others injured. Diana Nandawula, the Elgon Regional police spokesperson identifies the suspects as, 47 year old Richard Mukoli, Peter Wamusi 42, Samuel Masente 46, Jowelo Nambale 26. Others are Fred Wamimbi 30, Victor Munyalo 33, John Wasibuku 30 and John Muluga 65. Nandawula says the suspects are believed to be the masterminds of the recent wave of armed robberies that have so far claimed four lives and left more than five others injured in Sibanga Sub County this year alone. 

Nandawula says the recent robbery occurred on Saturday last week, where 18- year- old Bosco Mabonga, a resident of Buwakhome village in Sibanga Sub County was shot dead by unidentified assailants at his home. She says following the murder, police set up surveillance leading to the arrest of the suspects on Friday morning. She says police zeroed on the suspects after tapping their telephone conversation. Nandawula however, says they are yet to recover the guns used in the robberies, adding that she is optimistic the suspects will help police trace for the guns.

Henry Nalyanya, the Manafwa Resident District Commissioner says some unruly residents in the district are armed and are terrorizing others. He says since December last year three people have been shot dead and their families robbed. The RDC also appealed to the community to cooperate with police to ensure the culprits are apprehended to face the law. The suspects are currently being held Mbale Central police station.

Keywords