Breaking

Jinja Woman Electrocuted

35-year-old Robinah Nabukonde, a resident of Muyenga slum was electrocuted on Tuesday when she came into contact with loose electricity wires.
The deceased being retrieved from the scene.

Audio 2

A woman has been electrocuted in Muyenga slum in Masese III village in Northern division in Jinja city. 

35-year-old Robinah Nabukonde, a resident of Muyenga slum was electrocuted on Tuesday when she came into contact with loose electricity wires.

It is alleged that Nabukonde was rinsing some of her client’s clothes, when she accidently touched a loose live wire. 

The deceased’s daughter, Hasifah Naiwumbwe, says she saw a cloud of smoke before her mother collapsed to the ground. 

She says their attempts to save their mother’s life didn’t yield results.

Luganda Audio      

//Cue in: “Kubade kumakya…

Cue out…omwosi,”.    

Nabukonde used to work as a support staff at Jinja College senior secondary school but resorted to offering laundry services to earn some money because of the lock down. 

Mariam Akello, a neighbor to the deceased, says Nabukonde struggled to push the wire off her neck in vain.

 

//Cue in: “I heard people…   

Cue out…the wire down,”  

Steven Nduhura, another neighbor says similar accidents have been reported in the area because of the rampant illegal connections but nothing has been done to stop the vice.

Abbey Ngako, the Kiira Region Police Spokesperson, says they are considering conducting operations against the masterminds of illegal power connections in different slums around Jinja city.

The deceased’s body is lying at Jinja Regional Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.

Images 1

Entities

Keywords