35-year-old Robinah Nabukonde, a resident of Muyenga slum was electrocuted on Tuesday when she came into contact with loose electricity wires.
The deceased being retrieved from the scene.
A woman has been electrocuted in Muyenga slum
in Masese III village in Northern division in Jinja city.
Nabukonde, a resident of Muyenga slum was electrocuted on Tuesday when she came
into contact with loose electricity wires.
It is alleged that Nabukonde was rinsing some of her client’s
clothes, when she accidently touched a loose live wire.
daughter, Hasifah Naiwumbwe, says she saw a cloud of smoke before her mother
collapsed to the ground.
She says their attempts to save their mother’s life didn’t
//Cue in: “Kubade kumakya…
Nabukonde used to work as a support staff at Jinja College senior secondary school but resorted to
offering laundry services to earn some money because of the lock down.
Akello, a neighbor to the deceased, says Nabukonde struggled to push the wire
off her neck in vain.
//Cue in: “I heard people…
Cue out…the wire down,”
Steven Nduhura, another neighbor says similar
accidents have been reported in the area because of the rampant illegal
connections but nothing has been done to stop the vice.
Abbey Ngako, the Kiira Region Police Spokesperson,
says they are considering conducting operations against the masterminds of
illegal power connections in different slums around Jinja city.
The deceased’s body is lying at Jinja Regional
Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.