A 30-year-old woman Aidah Nakisige and her 8 months old baby Benefansio
Ngobi have died of suspected food poisoning.
The deceased both residents of Kasozi village in Buyende district died
on Sunday on their way to Kamuli General Hospital.
According to neighbors, they knocked on Nakisige’s door, but there
was no response, forcing them to inform the police. The police broke the door and
found Nakisge, her husband and child struggling for their lives while lying on
Nakisige’s husband, John Baligeya who is being treated at Kamuli Hospital says
that they ate supper together but started experiencing stomach pains at around
“We had supper as a family
and all was well, but at around 4:00 am, my wife and I started experiencing
stomach aches until police came to our rescue,” he says.
Matiya Mwase, the village vice chairperson says that late Nakisige bought
cooked food which she served to her family.
“I received information that Nakisige bought this suspected
poisoned food from Butaswa trading centre which she served to her family
members, I, however, cannot confirm this information but, am waiting on police
to release its’ conclusive report on the matter,” he says.
Michael Kasadha, the Busoga North Police Spokesperson says that the bodies have
been taken to Kamuli general hospital mortuary for postmortem.