Breaking

Suspects Behind Illegal Road Block Released Without Charge

Top story
itgum Resident District Commissioner, William Komakech confirmed to URN on Tuesday afternoon that the suspects were released without charge. He explained that the files of the suspects were incomplete and therefore couldn’t be charged.
The suspects after being arrested on Saturday in Orom Subcounty.
Seven youths in Kitgum district accused of staging an illegal roadblock are out on police bond. The suspects were released on Monday without charge after spending two days in police cells. 

The suspects were apprehended from Lujorongole village in Orom Sub-county on Saturday last week on a tip off from residents that they were stopping and searching people accessing the burial of the mother of Gulu Resident District Commissioner, Maj Santos Okot Lapolo.  

Security officials found the suspects in possession of clubs, stones and metallic objects. Kitgum Resident District Commissioner, William Komakech confirmed to URN on Tuesday afternoon that the suspects were released without charge. He explained that the files of the suspects were incomplete and therefore couldn’t be charged.

  He however, says the suspects have been asked to report daily to the police station as investigations are ongoing, adding that they will be charged once investigations are complete. Over the weekend, Komakech told URN that the suspects told police during interrogation that they staged the illegal roadblock to hunt for people power supporters in the area. People Power is a pressure group led by Kyandondo East legislator, Robert Kyagulanyi alias Bobi Wine.

The Officer in Charge of Criminal Investigation Kitgum Central Police station, Robert Ogen declined to comment on the matter, saying he didn’t handle the suspects file. Moses Bwire, the Kitgum District Police Commander, also declined to comment, saying he was busy.

Images 1

Keywords

Mentions