Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /usr/www/users/urnnet/a/story.php on line 43
UNEB Issues Last Call For Normal Registration For 2024 :: Uganda Radionetwork
Breaking

UNEB Issues Last Call For Normal Registration For 2024

Normal registration fees are set at 34,000 shillings for PLE, 164,000 shillings for UCE, and 186,000 shillings for Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE). Late registration for PLE will incur a 100 percent surcharge, while UCE and UACE candidates will face a 50 percent surcharge.
Jennifer Kalule-Mulumba, the UNEB spokesperson.

Audio 2

The Uganda National Examinations Board-UNEB has issued a final call for students wishing to register for this year's examinations across different levels.

In a statement to the press issued on Wednesday, Jennifer Kalule, UNEB's spokesperson, emphasized that parents, schools, and candidates have until June 21st, 2024 to complete this registration. Those registering after this deadline will be subject to double the registration fees.

//Cue in; “This is the...

Cue out...twenty-four.”//

This year, UNEB is overseeing four examinations, including the Primary Leaving Examination (PLE), Uganda Advance Certificate of Education (UACE) and Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE), which includes candidates sitting under both the new lower secondary curriculum and a one-off transitional examination.

Normal registration fees are set at 34,000 shillings for PLE, 164,000 shillings for UCE, and 186,000 shillings for Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE). Late registration for PLE will incur a 100 percent surcharge, while UCE and UACE candidates will face a 50 percent surcharge.

Kalule added that the window for late registration period with these additional charges will also close on July 31, 2024.

As of Wednesday morning, UNEB had registered a total of 1,309,852 candidates for all four examinations, including those under the transitional examination. Among the registered candidates, 51 percent are females and 49 percent are males.

Notably, 56 percent of the transitional candidates registered are females, with males comprising the remaining 44 percent.

Kalule further noted the importance for everyone interested and eligible to register for the transitional examination to take advantage of this unique opportunity. This year represents the final chance for UNEB to assess learners under the old lower secondary curriculum.

//Cue in; “Uneb would like... 

Cue out...this opportunity.”//

According to the examination body, individuals eligible for the transitional examination include adults aged 20 and above who did not sit for PLE. They must obtain permission from the UNEB Executive Director at the Ntinda offices, provide proof of age, and be Ugandan citizens.

Others eligible for registration include learners who completed UCE in 2023 or earlier and wish to improve their grades; those who registered for UCE in 2023 or earlier but did not sit for the exams; individuals who failed to register for UCE in 2023 but sat PLE in 2018 or earlier; and learners whose results were canceled due to examination malpractice.

The transitional examination will be conducted concurrently with the regular UCE exams in October/November this year.

Kalule emphasized that registration for this category can be completed at any of the private halls accredited by UNEB across the country, or at other UNEB examination centers, including USE Schools